Tell us What Being a Military Child Means to You
The Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce’s Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is pleased to sponsor the Fourth Annual Cheyenne Military Affairs Committee Month of the Military Child essay competition. The Month of the Military Child is a nation-wide annual celebration which recognizes the unique lifestyle of children of military parents. As part of the 2019 celebration, the Cheyenne MAC is partnering with event sponsors Laramie County Community College (LCCC) and Blue Federal Credit Union to conduct an essay contest which will enable the local community to hear directly from these children about their experiences as a military child.
All military students in grades 3 through 12 are eligible. Students may submit their essays with the following requirements:
- Essay subject: What Being a Military Child Means to Me
- Grades 3rd & 4th; grades 5th & 6th: 300 words maximum.
- Grades 7th & 8th; grades 9-12th: 400 words maximum
- All entries must be received by Monday, March 25, 2019.
- Judging will include: adherence to and support of subject, originality, grammar, and spelling. Entries may be handwritten or typed. Names will be removed from essays prior to the judging.
- Drop off essays to the Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, 121 W 15th St, Unit 204 Attn: MAC Steering Committee: Carolyn Ritschard or E-mail them in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
Winners will be notified by Monday, April 8. Essay winners and their families will be recognized at the Month of the Military Child celebration held at LCCC on Friday, April 26. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are pleased to expand this contest to four grade levels: 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th, and 9-12th. First and second place winners will be named at each of the four grade levels. First place winners in each category will receive a certificate for a LCCC SEEK class or Life Enrichment class and a $100 check from Blue Federal Credit Union. Second place winners in each category will receive a certificate for a LCCC SEEK Class or Life Enrichment class and a $75 check from Blue Federal Credit Union.