Expanded the Winter Weather Advisories into Converse, Niobrara, Goshen, Platte, all of Laramie County, and into the northern Nebraska Panhandle.
Increased overall event snowfall totals slightly in the High Plains of Wyoming and across portions of the Northern Nebraska Panhandle. There remains some model solutions that indicate even higher snowfall totals possible for the High Plains of Wyoming and Nebraska then what the current Situation Report shows. Not ready to go with these higher numbers just yet but we have slowly trended this direction with slightly higher amounts on this update. The higher snow totals will highly depend on how much cold air can wrap around the back side of the weather system and drop snow levels across the High Plains.
- Travel impacts will be likely overnight and especially Tuesday as localized moderate to heavy snow is expected.
- Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect for the Sierra Madre, Snowy, and Laramie Mountain Ranges.
- Snow accumulations in the mountains could be 10-20 inches with localized higher amounts of two feet.
- Hazardous travel possible along the I-80 corridor from Cheyenne to Rawlins and northward from the Colorado Line to Casper this evening and Tuesday.
- Tuesday Morning and Evening Commutes could be impacted