Leadership Cheyenne Class of 2017-2018 graduated Friday, June 1st at 11:30 a.m. at the Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center during the Chamber Luncheon presented by Cheyenne Hills Church.
“Leadership Cheyenne has opened my eyes to incredible people in our community who are engaged and willing to grow our community. Civic trusteeship is of the utmost concern for these people, and I’m grateful for the experiences and opportunity to continue building Cheyenne with them. The knowledge gained during the specialty classes has really allowed me to gain a better understanding of this community as well.” – Shared Leadership Cheyenne Class Member and Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Programs & Events Coordinator Morgan Martin.
The Class is handpicked by the Leadership Cheyenne Steering Committee, which comprised of alumni, based on their diverse backgrounds, cross industry and interests. Challenged to work with one another throughout the year to plan a day of education on a particular topic, the participants in the program develop a new level of understanding and a better appreciation for the greater Cheyenne area.
Following the graduation, Secretary of State Ed Buchanan addressed the Leadership Cheyenne Class Grads and event attendees.
Special congratulations to the Leadership Cheyenne Class of 2017-2018:
- MAJ Amy Henry, Wyoming Army National Guard
- Bruce Hattig, Board of Public Utilities
- Codee Augustin, Sam Galeotos for Governor
- Col. Pete Linde, 153rd Airlift Wing Wyoming National Guard
- Deb Sanchez, Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union
- Greg Vaughn, MHP, LLP
- Heather Tupper, Wyoming Business Council – SE Regional Office
- Jess Ryan, The Compass Wealth Group
- Justin Pendleton, Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne
- Kristi Weidenbach, State of Wyoming
- Melanie Hornbeck, Laramie County Library System
- Melissa Amick, Magpul Industries Corp.
- Morgan Martin, Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Olivia Sanchez, Wyoming Stock Growers Association
- Patricia Ventimiglia, Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Wyoming
- Peter Kline, RBC Wealth Management
- Samantha Ingram, WyHy Federal Credit Union
- Sarah Mousel, Allstate Claims
- Tammy Testerman, State of Wyoming
- Lt. Col. Thomas J Gagnon, First Command Financial Services
- Toby Grapes, HollyFrontier Cheyenne Refining LLC
- Trista Ostrom, Wyoming Congressional Award Council
Special thank you to the Steering Committee Chairman for the 2017-2018 Class Chairman, Britney Wallesch, Executive Director of Black Dog Animal Rescue.
“We sincerely appreciate the work of Britney Wallesch as the Chairman. Her dedication to the community is truly a great example of civic trusteeship, as well as shows what passion and drive can result in when channeled.” Shared Liaison for Leadership Cheyenne & Director of Partner Services, Angi Lund.
The graduation is made possible by HollyFrontier Refinery and iHeart Radio. Special thank you to their ongoing support of the program.
Applications for the next class are currently being accepted and are due Friday, June 8th, 2018 at 5 p.m. by email -angiL@cheyennechamber.org or by mail to 121 W. 15th St. Suite 204, Cheyenne, WY 82001. Information and applications are available at www.cheyennechamber.org.