Western States Bank celebrates the completion of nine students from its Digital Ambassador Internship Program August 17, 2018.
The paid internship program was created in 2017 with the vision of providing students with an up-close look into the banking industry while at the same time offering various hands-on learning opportunities. Bank locations that participated in this year’s program include branches in southeastern Wyoming, northern Colorado and western Nebraska.
• Nicholas Smith – University of Wyoming
• Jac Collins – University of Wyoming
• Danielle Watson – University of Wyoming
• Tolu Adedoja – Western Nebraska Community College
• Aspynn Palmer – University of Wyoming
• Hunter Paugh – University of South Dakota
• Jaxson Heyrend – Eastern Wyoming Community College
• Ryan Hanson – Colorado State University
• Jefferson Lenoir – Western Nebraska Community College
“We strongly support providing students with the opportunity to apply classroom theory to the real-world complexities of commercial banking, business development, project management, communication and customer service,” said Ann Nelson, Western States Bank’s Wyoming Market President. “As a mentor, I personally enjoyed sharing my passion for banking with our next generation and encouraging them to see themselves as future bankers.”
The 13-week paid internship consisted of nine interns diving headfirst into the community and banking industry, some pursuing careers in banking and finance and others in marketing and communications. Each intern’s experience was customized to the needs of the bank locations and his or her strengths and interests.
“What I liked the most about this internship was the fact that we were given all the tools that we needed to perform our responsibilities,” said Tolu Adedoja from Western Nebraska Community College. “I also enjoyed the fact that I worked in an environment that was very accommodating and supportive.”