Attention Wyoming Entrepreneurs: Open Call for American Products
Walmart Is Now Accepting Applications for 2019 Open Call for American Products. Entrepreneurs are invited to pitch innovative products June 18 – 19, 2019.
If you’ve ever dreamed of potentially reaching thousands of customers with your American products, now is the time to act: Walmart is accepting applications for its 6th annual Open Call, scheduled for June 18 and 19 at the company’s Home Office campus in Bentonville, Arkansas.
“Our customers tell us that products made, sourced or grown in the U.S. are important to them and we work year-round to identify local suppliers and source products that our customers are proud to buy” said Cindi Marsiglio, Walmart’s vice president of Merchandise Services and U.S. Manufacturing.
During the 2018 Walmart Open Call, nearly 600 meetings were held with product pitches including toys, apparel, natural health and beauty aids, and food. Prospective suppliers traveled from 46 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. More than half of the attending businesses self-identified as diverse, including nearly 25 percent identifying as women-owned.
Following last year’s event, a new line-up of products has begun arriving on Walmart shelves and Walmart.com, representing the dreams of dozens of entrepreneurs across the country, including:
- Ahssa Foods LLC, Mesa, Arizona – Low-fat gourmet sauces
- Bodylove Naturals, Rogers, Arkansas – Natural skincare products
- The Cumberland Companies, Knoxville, Tennessee – Fog-free shaving mirror
- Mame’s Burrito Company, Denver, Colorado – Organic breakfast burritos
- The Perfect Granola, Rochester, New York – Naturally sweetened granola bars
- RPM, Savage, Minnesota – Placemats for pet food bowls
- Shoe Crazy, Chesterfield, Virginia – Unique wine blends
- Wings Cosmetics LLC, Andrews, Texas – Winged eyeliner stamp
“Walmart’s Annual Open Call gives us a unique opportunity to meet entrepreneurs from across the country and discover new, niche and innovative products that fill a need for our customers and support jobs right here in America.” Marsiglio added.
Apply today for the opportunity to secure a face-to-face pitch meeting with a Walmart buyer and join the conversation on your social channels by using #WalmartOpenCall. The application deadline is April 30.