Leaders from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, and the Montana Chamber of Commerce recently held a press conference to discuss the urgent need to modernize America’s outdated permitting process. Speakers addressed how permitting reform is necessary to build the infrastructure, and economy, of the future both in the West and across America. Didn’t catch it? You can watch the full conference above or check out this article from the Wyoming Tribune Eagle.
- Christopher Guith, Senior Vice President, Global Energy Institute, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Todd O’Hair, President and CEO, Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Dale Steenbergen, President and CEO, Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Lauren Benford, Controller, Reiman Corp.
- Jason Stephen, Owner, Gateway Construction LLC
- Matt Vincent, Executive Director, Montana Mining Association
WY We Care: At the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, we have heard from our business community that the local permitting process is causing a lot of strife and making it difficult to do business. We have been conducting a survey to gather specific examples of issues so we can better understand the issues, then use this data to advocate for change in the process.