Ballet Wyoming is the first professional ballet company and is raising the bar for the 2018 Season.
Ballet Wyoming is excited to announce its 2018 season, which includes nationally renowned performances of Ballet West and Cleo Parker Robinson at the Cheyenne Civic Center with companion master classes offered to dancers and several community outreach events.
“Ballet Wyoming has embarked on a new journey with an improved business model and a strong executive team,” explained Stephanie Meisner-Maggard, board president of Ballet Wyoming. “We will bring nationally renowned ballet performances to Cheyenne and partner with them to provide master classes to local dancers and host community outreach events to youth.”She added, “We are very confident that these changes will provide better opportunities to expose the public to the highest caliber of performing arts, give our youth a gateway for education and advancement in performing arts, and create a new level of economic impact through productions, master classes, and events.”
- Feb. 23-24 – Master classes taught by University of Wyoming professor Marsha Knight
- Feb. 24 – Film Screening of A Ballerina’s Tale – The Rise of Misty Copeland
- March 30 – Performance by Salt Lake City-based Ballet West, ranked among the top professional ballet companies in America
- March 28-29 – Master classes by Ballet West
- Sept. 11-13 – Cleo Parker Robinison Dance master classes and community outreach events
- Sept. 14 – Catharus by Cleo Parker Robinison Dance, a company founded in 1970 in Denver that has toured 30 countries and performed across the US