The State Board of Education (SBE) requests public input on the Proposed 2019 Wyoming Computer Science Content and Performance Standards.
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) will collect public input through an online survey until 11:59 p.m. on March 5, 2019 and also at regional meetings.
Public input meetings will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- February 25, Green River – SCSD #2 Central Admin. Office, 351 Monroe Avenue.
- February 25, Buffalo – JCSD #1 Buffalo High School, 29891 Old Hwy 87.
- February 26, Meeteetse – PCSD #16 School Building, 2107 Idaho Street.
- February 26, Douglas – CCSD #1, Admin. Building, 615 Hamilton Street.
- February 28, Cheyenne – LCSD #1, Storey Gym, 2811 House Avenue.
A summary of the public input gathered during these meetings will be presented to the SBE at its March meeting. If the SBE moves to adopt the draft standards, an additional public comment period will follow before the new standards are adopted.
Once adopted, school districts will have until the 2022-23 school year to implement the new standards into their curriculum, instruction and assessment system.
“We rely on Wyoming citizens to make the most important policy decisions – computer science is no exception. The standards committee was comprised of 40 members including 16 teachers. I have full faith and confidence in their work,” said Superintendent of Public Instruction Jillian Balow. “We value additional input from the public to ensure we do our very best to prepare kids for tomorrow’s world.”