Teacher Honored with Teacher Achievement Award
Arch Coal, Inc. presents Teacher Achievement Award to local teacher.
Arch Coal, Inc., a leading company in natural resources, is committed to education. Believing that success begins in classroom. One of their largest community programs is the Annual Wyoming and West Virginia Teacher Achievement Awards. Today, May 11, 2018 this award was presented to one teacher at Hobbs Elementary
Derede Darden, Principal, said, “This week we have had a great week celebrating our superheros. This week we have been celebrating Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week. Just like when we celebrate the kids at our quarterly awards, we are here today to celebrate a superhero who has won an award.”
Mrs. Cristin Green was surprised when her name was announced to be recognized.
Deck Slone, Senior VP with Arch Coal spoke to the kids about how great it is to be in Wyoming celebrating all the superheros. “Education is very important to Arch Coal. It is what allows us to have people come work for us. It’s your teachers who get you, the kids ready for that. Every year we honor ten teachers in Wyoming for the work they have done. Today we are here to honor Cristin Green.”
Arch Coal, Inc., is dedicated to communities. Including student involvement activities such as: Earth Day celebrations, tours, picnics, and reforestation research. West Virginia and Wyoming are the two states in which teachers are eligible to receive awards totaling $70,000 in cash prizes to outstanding teachers.
Mrs. Cristin Green was one of ten teachers from Wyoming selected this year. Along with Mrs. Green, Hobbs Elementary has a teacher on staff that was given this award in 2007, Maria Foster.
Want to nominate a teacher next year?
- Teachers of grades K-12, including Vocational, Special Education and Title 1, in West Virginia and Wyoming are eligible.
- Teachers are nominated by students, peers and members of their community.
- Teachers compete for $3,500 annual awards.
- The nominee must be an active, full-time teacher with at least three years of experience.
- Nominated teachers must fill out an application, and a judging committee (comprised of past winners and others from the educational community) reviews applications and selects the winners.
- This prestigious program is the longest-running, privately sponsored teacher awards program in both Wyoming and West Virginia.
To learn more and to view past winners visit the website.